Terms and Conditions (Skill Based Competition)– SlimPasta/win a $9000 Spa Getaway
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
- All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded per person, however minor prize winners will also have a chance at winning the major prize.
- Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
How to enter
- Enter as many times as you wish, by submitting your favourite SlimPasta recipe (full ingredient list and method ) with photo image.
- [ONLINE] Enter an original submission via the internet at www.slimpasta.com.au/blog/weightwatcherswin
- Entries must include all requested contact details and SlimPasta recipe (full ingredient list and method) with photo image to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
When to enter
- The competition commences on 09/05/12 at 09:00 AEST and closes on 12/06/12 at 17:00 AEST. The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 11/7/12 at 11:00 AEST. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
- The winners will be notified by mail and their names will be published online at www.slimpasta.com.au/blog/weightwatcherswin on 09/8/12.
- Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prize on offer
Total Prize value is up to $9797 as at 1704/12.
Prize value is $9047.00 as at 17/04/12.
1 winner will receive:
- 5 day Optimal Wellness Program at The Golden Door Health Retreat- Elysia for 2 people in a 2 Bedroom Villa valued at $5440
Your package includes:
- Luxury villa accommodation in a 2 bedroom Villa
- Gourmet spa cuisine
- A diverse selection of group fitness activities and Relaxation and Mind-Body classes
- Daily program of health education seminars and workshops
- Personal Wellness Assessment on arrival
- Use of all the facilities including a 25 metre indoor heated lap pool, outdoor exercise pool, floodlit tennis courts, fully equipped gymnasium, indoor and outdoor activity studios, and outdoor relaxation areas.
- Two complimentary spa treatments in our world class spa including one facial a la carte and one Swedish massages.
- One complimentary wellness consultation with your choice of: acupuncture, life guidance, counselling, nutritionist, naturopath or standard personal training session.
- Access to all the spa facilities including steam room, spa bath and relaxation lounges.
- Return economy flight tickets for 2 valued at $1600
- Limousine pickups from Sydney airport or Chatswood train station valued at $660
- Years supply of SlimPasta for 2 valued at $1347
Five (5) secondary prize packs each to the value of $150.00 (Total value $750.00).
Each pack will consist of 15 packs of SlimPasta Spaghetti and 15 packs of SlimPasta Angel Hair, cook book and BMI Calculator
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize must be taken between 11/7/12 – 11/7/13. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize. Check in day is Sunday, checkout day is Friday. Prize is valid for 12 months from competition draw date. Not available for redemption during school holiday periods. Other block out periods may apply and is subject to availability. Cancellation or date amendment fees may also apply once booking has been made. Any additional costs required for travel or any spa treatments or activities not included as part of the package will be the winner’s sole responsibility. Additional expenses for accidental injury, sickness and hospitalisation; Medical evacuation; Luggage & personal effects; Travel delay and alternative transport expenses are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- Flight portion of the prize(s) not available to the winner if they reside in the same state of the prize event.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winners (and their companions) including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, airport taxes (including departure taxes), fuel surcharges, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
- By entering the competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
- Accommodation is a 2 bedroom Villa. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home and their nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize unless expressly stated in these terms & conditions and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companions. Eligible Australian capital cities include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra and Perth. The winner must travel on the same flights and itinerary as their travelling companions. The travel prize cannot be used as part payment for another airfare package. Frequent flyer miles cannot be accrued on this prize. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be exchanged for other destinations. Travel restrictions & blackout dates apply. Prizes cannot be taken during peak periods or school holidays, and winners must provide all suppliers with a minimum of 21 days advance notice of intention to travel. Embargo restrictions apply during certain periods. Bookings are subject to conditions & availability (including but not limited to capacity limitations and other restrictions).
- Submitted recipes and Photos that are copyrighted can not be submitted unless you have permission from the photographer/owner. Photos and recipes cannot be returned. By entering the competition entrants agree and understand that their written recipes and photos may be used for promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant and/or owner of the photograph. Entrants under the age of 18 must seek a parent or adult/guardian’s permission to send any photo to the Promoter to enter a promotion.
- Each entrant warrants that the photograph is a genuine and accurate representation and that the photo has been taken within two years of the date of submission. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. All photographs will be reviewed by the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original recipes and photos. Any such recipes and photos cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd and its related entities collects entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to provide you with information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We do not sell personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal Compliance Department, Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.